There are many ways that you can give back after the holiday season, particularly within the community of Catonsville. You don’t need to be the wealthiest person out there – you can simply give your time and a few other things along the way.
Go through your home and decide what you are using. There may be old coats that you can give in order to keep people warm, old clothes that can keep people on the street dressed, and even food within your pantry that you can donate to your local food bank.
There are a few ways to help some of the less fortunate as well. This includes:
- Putting food on the table for a family that doesn’t have the ability to do so on their own
- Help out at a soup kitchen
- Volunteer at your local chapter of Meals on Wheels, a food delivery program
- There are few other ways that you can give back as well. You may want to think about:
- Donating blood at a local blood bank
- Visiting the Department of Veteran Affairs to see how you can thank the different veterans within the community
- Pledging a certain amount of money to a local charity
- Adopting a pet from an animal shelter instead of going to a pet store
- Volunteering at different community organizations, to build homes, provide job training, and more
The more you can do, the better you may feel throughout the holiday season. You may take for granted all that you have – and there are many people, even within your own community, that have very little.
Think about buying your insurance with a community insurance agent, too. AT HBW Insurance Group, our agents can help you find affordable quotes, and more.